The Federated Garden Clubs of Connecticut, Inc., is an educational, charitable non-profit organization made up of 7210 individual members and 138 clubs, along with 18 affiliate clubs. Suffield Garden Club was pleased to take home the following awards at its 2010 annual meeting:
NATIONAL GARDEN CLUB AWARD
- TOMMY DONNAN CERTIFICATE OF MERIT for Club History (compiled for the Club's 75th Anniversary)
- ARBOREAL AWARD for Arbor Day Program with 4th Graders
- LEE BAUERFELD AWARD (for Improvement of Area) for Courtyard Renovation at Kent Memorial Library
- YOUTH AWARD OF EXCELLENCE for Junior Gardener Program
- 1st PLACE AWARD for Yearbook of club with 100+ members
- 2nd PLACE AWARD for Newsletter of large club
- AWARD OF EXCELLENCE IN FLOWER SHOW ACHIEVEMENT (Pink Rosette) for Small Standard Flower Show scoring 90 points or more
- CERTIFICATE OF MERIT for Club History (compiled for Club's 75th anniversary)
- CERTIFICATES OF INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT to Norma Cobb, Anne Harry and Nancy Houck for participating in the Garden Therapy Program since its inception 28 years ago.
In conjunction with its annual meeting this year, The New England Region of National Garden Clubs, Inc., hosted a standard flower show featuring categories in Design, Horticulture and Education. The regional body is comprised of the member garden clubs in the six New England states.
- Suffield Garden Club received a 1st PLACE AWARD for its Educational Exhibit on "Green Cleaning."
- Club member Liz Stanley took home multiple awards in the Horticulture Category ranging from 1st Place to Honorable Mention and every award level in between.